Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel pump access
Here's what I have now:

It's good to go on the beach but I wouldn't splash in the surf for no reason.
One reason might be you are out on a sand bar, the tide is coming in, but you
just have to get those last few casts in. If a school was coming by, I'm gonna
hope that I don't need a snorkel to get back to shore.
FIxkick, up here in Canada most of those hold car have "some" rust issues !! I bought this one because the frame was in good really good shape... Brake line have been replace, same for the hard line (fuel).. But clearly in this area it was not.... As I said earlier, I'll make sure all part of fuel/brake line are safe.....

Fetcher, A shop I know have the tool to do those kind of hoses, is it really $300 if Ibuy it on the net ?!!

Fixkick , I'll show you some pics of my tracker.... You won't believe how bad was the floor... !!
what is a problem here, is you cant get the hoses off on the tank top side, those I bet are 10x more rusty.
or worse
this car in any salt belt (wiki that phrase) that salt gets to the top of the tank,. and eats it up easy.
vast cars like this are in that state.

one could avoid suzuki parts and go to summit racing dot com google it, and try to find parts that can fit up...
all parts here are metric, If you get my drift/.

in a real shop,they would drop that tank and then find out all truth here, Id bet you the story is far longer (and worse) that what was presented here.

lacking lots of photos, all we have here is text and is mostly useless, for any helper to help you blind.
why not talk to a shop, ask him to check all this out and give you ideas, many shops will not touch any rust buckets, do to costs of repairs huge, lots of labor, and the customer will not pay.... oldest story there is...

In fact some cars this fix, (the full untold truth) is equal to what you paid for the car..
http://www.fixkick.com
There needs to be a new thread "Show pictures of your rusted out Sidekick/Tracker"
rust is where rusts is
and is always a problem
in the SALT belt, cars become useless, after 10 years, ?
we have cars here 25 years old and even more. and still fresh and rust free.

if lived in the Salt belt (to savvy to try,,, ) Id park it all winter garaged, and drive a beater.
if the beater fails, we always ditched it and got another beater, after all , fixing a beater cost 2 times a new beater.. econ101.

next time travel South and buy a rust free car, you pay more but is 10 better, I promise.

never ask net folks how to fix a rust bucket,
its a SKILL or if savvy we replace all that in one fell swoop, all parts ready at git go, time is money and doing this one rusted bolt at a time is endless job.....
YMMV , IMO
see my horror.
see it grow
see it fail
see it crumble. see me go broke, see me work 48hrs endless, on week ends to get it ready for monday. been there done that, got smarter.
be great reality TV show.
or how Iron Oxide wrecked my life.
or omg it's got rust her too.. and here, and here and....

Not good enough for day time soap drama's
Another way to go is to find hoses of a usable length with the same metric double flare fittings on one end.
If you can't find ones with the proper banjo fittings, then use the filter for the car the hoses were made for.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWHniL8MyMM
Kick, this isn't my daily car, it's rather a fun toy !! I've driven my tracker for about a year every day to go to the job as my GMC sierra 5.3l like to drink a lot of fuel... And it was a fun to drive.... I replaced many parts, engine and many others(and enjoyed doing it as I like to learn.)

To be clear, I got a Toyota yaris, a dodge caliber and a GMC sierra 4wd 5.3l and all those 3 are in good shape... I had a Mazda b2200 few years back. I chance all fuel line but as it wasn't injection, it was more simple....

Anyway, I'll make the work and will come back to later with pics.... This sidekick is rather to drive around without the top in summer AND to use it for short ride in the winter after a snowstorm !!!

BTW, if I've written a 16v it was a mistake
Firts thing, don't laught at me, at least not to loud !! Smile))

I replaced the Gauge instrument cluster in my sidekick a while back to have one that include a Tach.... What I just realized is the fuel gage isn't accurate..... and I had no more fuel in the fuel tank !!!!! I went to try the sidekick in corn field and the sidekick was running like a new one !! lol

So I'll be able to bring it in my garage and replace all those hoses and check and replace everything.......

Fixkick, If everyone was throwing those trackick at the junkyard, as you suggested, they would be no more of these up here...... Many owners rather decided to learn welding.....when my Tracker going to be all fixed I'll bring pics of before and after....... Good thing you didn't see pics of the 1963 xke I'm restoring when I bought it, you ould have suggest the same thing !!!

Fetcher, Yes the bracket is probably going to look the same way as yours.... and sorry I didn't want to highjack your thread.....
(06-18-2017, 01:57 AM)john110 Wrote: Fetcher, Yes the bracket is probably going to look the same way as yours.... and sorry I didn't want to highjack your thread.....

Bracket was cut from "fat boy" style propane tank.
Was not my thread, and it's all been butchered anyhow.
I don't believe in the concept of thread highjack to begin with.