Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1998 Tracker, 16v, 3spd Stalling and Stumbing rears it's ugly head again.
facts:?correct me.

Misfires parked.
Yes it does. Very rarely does it misfire driving unless it's very low speed/rpm

hot or cold engine misfires, badly, and is real, the front 02 sensor will be black and stuck at 0v or 1v, (no not bad 02, bad fueling)
It's much worse when hot, but it does misfire a little when cold. E.I. cold start will jolt between 1500rpm and 1200rpm for the first few seconds. On a cold start, it also cranks less than when it's not misfiring (when misfiring, cold start is instant)(when running good, it cranks about 3/4times). Hot start without throttle will crank forever, strong gasoline smell.

FPR is 19 years old,?
As far as I know

EGR closed, do the EGR defeat test clean the main EGR at rear of #4 intake runner?
EGR defeat runs the exact same. It fails test "A" according to scanner.

exhaust port 4 cracked, ? shield off SCOTTY
repaired properly and still holding up

fuel pressure at spec, idling hot, and misfiring now?
I can't find a pressure tester locally that will fit. Might have to order one. No tool rentals here either. Unless I can rig one up.

when the 02 is inpugged, the voltage goes to .45vdc, (means perfect mix and lies to ECU) but hides, that exhaust leak now if present.
see>
the EFI sysem is slammed full rich,
172 tells you that
1v on 02 all the time tells that.
long term fuel trim will go to max NEGATIVE (trying hard to suck out all that excessive fuel)
The o2 sensor being unplugged made 0 difference (that I could tell). Have a look in my shared google drive folder for the FT graphs (long and short, idle is near the end)

I'll check out the FPR page. It's starting to make sense since you say it fails rich. Right now off the gas=misfires from hell. on the gas = happy happy!

I will report back, i really need a pressure tester... Do you know what the thread is on the test port?

Also, please try and watch the 3 1 minute long videos in my folder if you need more detail on the chugging/misfiring and stalling.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1998 Tracker, 16v, 3spd Stalling and Stumbing rears it's ugly head again. - by Perry - 04-30-2017, 03:01 AM