Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1998 Tracker, 16v, 3spd Stalling and Stumbing rears it's ugly head again.
I have some updates, but I'm afraid they are are not really good. I plugged the ERG in just about every way possible and it still has the stumble. You may think I am stunned, but I'm still not 100% sure which hose to plug and where, so I tried them all. Maybe someone can dig up a picture of the proper way to plug it.

Today I plugged the hose at where I marked 2 on the EGR picture posted above (no change). I then plugged the "bark tube" or the one that puffs exhaust out (no change). Next I tried to plug both the "p" and "q" hose (no change).

It is running absolutely horrible today. It shakes, rattles and dies when idling in park. You can even notice hesitations when driving if the RPMS are under 2k every now and then. It will also stumble and get confused for the 1st 5 seconds or so of cold start. Starting it hot requires manual throttle today, unless you try 2 or 3 times. On top of that I am not getting a p0172 code, and the oxygen sensor monitor in still incomplete, even though it was complete all week. It's a brand new NTK sensor (~300miles on it)

And want to here something else weird? You know the chime that happens when the door is open and the key in the ignition? I would never hear that sound, but since this problem is back the chime beeps now??? I can't be related can it? I wouldn't think so.

I have created a google drive folder with the following:

- some videos of symptoms, stall test (seems weak)
- spreadsheets of sensor data
- graphs of sensor data.

***I'm having trouble playing the videos in Firefox. IE, Edge and Chrome all play them fine.***

The 5 mile try data/sheet was a cold start and a drive to work, about 5 miles.

Thanks again fixkick for all the time and effort you put into helping me try and figure out the issue. I do not want to give up on this poor little tracker, it's just very sick and needs our help.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1998 Tracker, 16v, 3spd Stalling and Stumbing rears it's ugly head again. - by Perry - 04-29-2017, 10:57 PM