Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enjine swap in 1995 Sidekick 1.6 8valve
Thank you for your quick response i can tell you know your stuff. The 95 Sidekick is 2x2 automatic and I have realized that there will be obviously little less power with the displacement but I can get the motor which does have the distributor,carb,starter for 175.00....Kinda sounds like it's worth a gamble. it has the intake,exhaust everything I would need to swap.....except I think the 87 would have a hall effects type distributor....I'm just not that familiar with that 1987 suzuki application. does the distributor on the 1987 Samari have an additional igniter to pair with the distributor? I have never worked on one and wasn't sure. I would just rebuild my motor but when I first got it pulled the head off and looked at the head .....the head and cylinders looked good. The head gasket was in terrible shape so I thoroughly cleaned the block deck and head surface replaced the head gasket, torqued to specs and fired it up. after checking oil it was starting to get milky which indicative of cracked block.(bad news) put some baars block sealer just to see if my suspicions were right and sure enough the water stopped coming into crank case. Motor has 175 k miles and with the overheating issue think it wouldn't be a candidate for rebuild. After changing oil oil is staying clean but cyl 1 and 4 has 160 psi and strong....cyl 2 and 4 have around 130 and aren't developing any power....Know there is a problem in those cylinders but would have to tear down.......and with problems it has engine replacement is the better option.....anyway thank you so much for your valued response....Larry

Messages In This Thread
RE: Enjine swap in 1995 Sidekick 1.6 8valve - by lstill - 04-14-2017, 07:53 PM