Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
newbee here, x-90 owner help
Hi, I've had four x-90's in the last ten yrs and have never gotten much help with them.
Love the little buggers.
My one now is a 4x4 and just replaced the trans and clutch. Trans good clutch works great but has no feel to it. Machanic left the spring off the cable at the trans.
Where can I find parts cheap? I live in wichita ks and I cant even get an exhaust donut from the chain stores, just an example.
Lots of questions
Thanks
[email protected]
what year?
what shame the mech lost parts. many parts on this car are not sold. at all, cept off wrecks.
rockauto.com is firsts stop.
but no springs there. only as suzuki if at all.
but any small coil spring that fits here works (compressive)
he lost part 17, I have the OEM part number.
http://www.fixkick.com/tranny/clutch/clutch.JPG

id have demanded he fix his damage. even hand him $1 dollar store bucket for his next job.

my guess is spring would be , 6mm ID< tad larger that 6mm shaft.

im sure the gasket is at rockauto, and other stores, NAPA??
my guess is car is G16 engine, with donut,
the sidekick with same engine G16b is same gasket, only issues are 1995 and older can have california sized header/> exh, man headers come short and long)
tell more about car, engine , year, 4wd. sure, 5sp box, sure.
great car in the snow, infact fun to run on it, and gives great confidence, unlike the 5500 pount 4wd on same.

(04-09-2017, 11:16 PM)glen Wrote: Hi, I've had four x-90's in the last ten yrs and have never gotten much help with them.
Love the little buggers.
My one now is a 4x4 and just replaced the trans and clutch. Trans good clutch works great but has no feel to it. Machanic left the spring off the cable at the trans.
Where can I find parts cheap? I live in wichita ks and I cant even get an exhaust donut from the chain stores, just an example.
Lots of questions
Thanks
[email protected]
http://www.fixkick.com
you be 365 miles north of me, ITS HOT HERE. 85F,
http://www.fixkick.com
My x-90 is a 96 model 4X4 5 spd. G16b engine. I think I can get another complete engine and I want to match all the ports and polish it. maybe a 92MM throtal body...
Dreamer !!
It's lifted about 5" and has a doug thorly header and a 2-1/2 inch exhaust. Stock replacement K&N air filter

I can do most any thing on the car, I was a machinist for 45 years but I'm 63 and retired, old ugly and smell bad... and lazy.
I've got the suzuki parts manual and that helps a lot.

The mechanic on the trans/clutch was pretty good but I pushed him to get it done so I'll take the blame on this one.This is a little town and a good mechanic is really hard to find. I'm shure you've had your dealins as well.

I'll replace the cable and the spring etc. I can get them from trail tough or 83 high suzuki salvage etc. May even call the subuaru dealer here. Their the old suzuki dealer and he knows me and can still get some parts from zuki.

Another question, Can I replace the engine pan gasket without droppin the axle ?

Also, like I said I have the parts manual so I I have the STOCK numbers. Do any of you know where I can get all the (push Pin) fasteners for the interior ?
I need to replace the carpet and they are pretty much one time use things.
Any way ,as I told ya I'd bug ya to death askin dumn stuff but I sure appreciate you help
Thanks

Where's the damn send button