Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
90 tracker distributor vacuum advance bad idling issues
So went over and looked for the vacuum leak like you said and found nothing that I can hear pinch etc. well anyways on the outside. When the engine was hot,again checked the IAC inspection cover the one with the 3 screws for the 5th time, and noticed that the plunger was not on center, but looked closed, well my problem is after the car warms up hot, I stop to get donuts and a cup of coffee and 20 mins later the car is perfect. 800rpm but as the minutes pass, the idle goes slowly up to 2100rpm and then that darn surging. This morning decided to open the inspection cover and plug the hole the one on the side going to the throat of the TB with speed tape, 3 layers of it, aluminum tape very sticky used on aircraft panels and wings when aluminum surface panels are damaged and good to 40,000 feet ha ha, so I started it up, 800 rpm... slow to warm up and ran perfect for first time in 4 months. ac,ps, fan raise rpm as should. Do you think this plunger was not sitting on center and letting air rush by, and when it warmed up it would push the plunger off center with pressure?
Fixkick you were right about the air leak, a big one. Thank so much for the help. I'd like a more permanet solution to this other than replacing the $770 TB if you have one.
1990 Geo Tracker 4x4 Manual AC PS Convertible US market (federal)
great work
all that., blocking the iAC
its a wax pellet in side , there
and must centered or the wax is bent, old and going bad.
finding a used, TB is not easy.
can take 6 months to find one.
one guy here put a vacuum line to dash vacuum valve, (air valve) and labeled it cold start idle. (open valve (tiny) to start)
nice hack that, and buy's you time
to start can (like you have it now) use 5% throttle so it wont flood
glad you found it !
cheers

(04-30-2017, 02:53 AM)Banned Wrote: So went over and looked for the vacuum leak like you said and found nothing that I can hear pinch etc. well anyways on the outside. When the engine was hot,again checked the IAC inspection cover the one with the 3 screws for the 5th time, and noticed that the plunger was not on center, but looked closed, well my problem is after the car warms up hot, I stop to get donuts and a cup of coffee and 20 mins later the car is perfect. 800rpm but as the minutes pass, the idle goes slowly up to 2100rpm and then that darn surging. This morning decided to open the inspection cover and plug the hole the one on the side going to the throat of the TB with speed tape, 3 layers of it, aluminum tape very sticky used on aircraft panels and wings when aluminum surface panels are damaged and good to 40,000 feet ha ha, so I started it up, 800 rpm... slow to warm up and ran perfect for first time in 4 months. ac,ps, fan raise rpm as should. Do you think this plunger was not sitting on center and letting air rush by, and when it warmed up it would push the plunger off center with pressure?
Fixkick you were right about the air leak, a big one. Thank so much for the help. I'd like a more permanet solution to this other than replacing the $770 TB if you have one.
http://www.fixkick.com