Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sources for Rebuilt Cylinder Heads G16B
Now you are getting on the right track. "good luck timing that cam so the distributor does not run out of range in the base clamp" is what first led me to believe that I was sent the wrong thing. If the gear needed to be pressed on, I would have designed it with a flat ground on the end of the camshaft or other form of indexing. The 6a manual did not cover any press on distributor gear. There are just pictures of the cam and gear together. Same in the Suzuki forum link I posted. That guy also got a head with no distributor gear on the camshaft.

I never sent anything out. This was to be a new unit with no core required. That was the main selling point for me. I think it has been established that I was sent the wrong assembly. Still left is to establish if the distributor mount would fit on the casting I was sent. I intend to send it back regardless, but I wish to get the right thing if possible, and also save anyone else from this problem in the future. Therefore, remaining intent is to educate the seller.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sources for Rebuilt Cylinder Heads G16B - by fetcher - 06-10-2017, 11:53 PM