Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New 1995 OBD1 16v
Hey, back again,

Fixkick you helped me with my first Samurai 16v swap and I am still so thankful for that. Seriously amazing, runs like a top ever since.

Now I'm on my second Samurai,

I just bought a 1995 16v. Where I live 16vs are EXTREMELY rare for a good price, but I found one and decided to buy it. It's not the cleanest, rats have chewed some wires, but overall nothing vital (it appears).

I could get the engine to turn over, so I did a compression test, which showed good. Thats the only reason I bought it.

I need to know what all is necessary to make the car run. It doesn't need to be pretty, I just need a checklist of components REQUIRED for the car to run in a basic sense.

Thank you in advance, glad to still be a part of the Suzuki family.
(03-19-2017, 12:23 PM)Garemie Wrote: Hey, back again,

Fixkick you helped me with my first Samurai 16v swap and I am still so thankful for that. Seriously amazing, runs like a top ever since.

Now I'm on my second Samurai,

I just bought a 1995 16v. Where I live 16vs are EXTREMELY rare for a good price, but I found one and decided to buy it. It's not the cleanest, rats have chewed some wires, but overall nothing vital (it appears).

I could get the engine to turn over, so I did a compression test, which showed good. Thats the only reason I bought it.

I need to know what all is necessary to make the car run. It doesn't need to be pretty, I just need a checklist of components REQUIRED for the car to run in a basic sense.

Thank you in advance, glad to still be a part of the Suzuki family.

great , glad to help !
brakes? ok, tops my list
fluids fresh.
turn up , spark /filters
CEL lamp glows key, flash 12s on demand (jump clip)
get spark going
then fuel issues (injection ECU, sensors etc)
cheers and good luck!
I believe rats have chewed the fuel pump wire. I can hear the solenoid click but no pump. Where does the wire run on a 95?
1995 16v but no door count stated, 2 door or 4:

the harness on 2 is not same as 4
ill toss coin and guess 2 DOORS.
if the green relay closed, FP, fuel pump. and sends 12vDC TO THE REAR.
the service manual has great harness drawings, even real routing paths in vivid details. Geo 1995 is best book to own, tracker.
this goes down the left drivers kick plate the left
then under drivers. door threshold plate , then to rear left side body panels and lands in the LEFT rear tail light housing
the pump has ground there.
all this is covered on my pump page, from this POINT (tail light) to pump.
the ground loves to fail here.
in my search box type PUMP.
get 2 pages
1st is cause pages.2nd is fix. it page

here is cause, see the drawings there.

here (see g402, (only on 2doors !!!!!))
http://www.fixkick.com/INJECTORS/PUMP/de....html#G402

this page shows all the wild ways pumps can fail, even the wrong gas cap can wreck a pump. with proof.

first get 12vdc to the pump then ground to the pump and it might run, will if pumps ok.
use a voltmeter.
http://www.fixkick.com