Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1998 Tracker - Idle issues and stalling and at my wits end
Today I managed to knock a few things off the list.

I cleaned up the fuel pump ground behind the tail light. Sanded it down and cleaned all the connections, giving it a nice coat of dielectric grease too.
Did the same with the fuse box. The fuse box was much cleaner but i greased it up anyway to protect it.

I pulled the hose off the EGR, and blocked it with a bold (not a golfer). I noticed no change when blocking it off. Also, it's puffing out exhaust, not sucking air. Is this normal? maybe I had the wrong hose. Here is a photo.    

I tried tapping the MAP, no stumbles or misfires when I do that.

I got my hands on the timing gun today, but I ran out of time before I could get the timing cover off. I have all the 10mm bolts off, and the fan/shroud, as well as the 5 8mm bolts holding on the crank accessory pulley. Should have this finished by tomorrow to confirm the spark timing. I assume this is the freeze thing?    

Can't get my hands on a multi port fuel pressure tester, not looking to spend 130 bucks on one either. and they were on sale last week Sad

Also, here is my hood sticker, just for confirmation.    

Overall it wasn't too bad today. Over the course of an hour or so fiddling with it it only stalled twice. Here is a video of the weird stalling it goes in gear https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzqDCfp...sp=sharing [1m]. It catches it's self, but just barely. Watch what is does at 12 seconds.

I also have another cold start to warm up video, with a quick drive around the block video. With an outside temp of 5c/41f it took about 8 minutes of idling to get down to 800rpm. I won't upload this one unless someone asks, it's boring as usual.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1998 Tracker - Idle issues and stalling and at my wits end - by Perry - 02-24-2017, 09:36 AM