Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Guy Hello / 1992 Suzuki Sidekick Multiple Issues / What to Tackle First?
my gosh guy that fact should be in post 1 line 1.
sure it can the ECU sends load data to the TCM and the m/t ECU cant do that. so it must be and a/T THERE.
tps is never fun on this car, 10 years its like this, 89-98. off car super easy, next to fire place, and beer in hand, its your choice the levels of pain.
the IAT error will go away with only that one ECU I TOLD you , is the correct one. (if the seller didnt lie, if the seller didnt mix cases, as you know fleabay sells
are PIGS in poke sack. all are. (like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get, Sally Fields,qoute)
58B40 is fed ecu , no iAT
3 time for effect this is YOUR ecu, there is no others that can work. and not glow the CEL. if the CEL glows, all smog stations in the USA fail you, instantly.
if the lamp is dead, (say remove,) they fail you instantly. by law too, not for fun,.

that SCREW.
Quote:
Quote:The average mechanic is going to assume that's the idle stop adjustment screw
sure, but he is thinking carbs , it's not a carb. they left here in 89. (last carb car in usa is 1994 by ISUZU)
The EFI system controls all air flows,at idle, and this screw is set in the factory'
we have repaired many like this, the owners think its a carb and fail to read the FSM book (free to read) and it tells you not to touch it. ever.
the correct screw is the idle bleed screw. (top of TB rear, see it , under plastic cover, it sets idle DUTY CYCLE>
the ecu CONTROLS rpm NEVER THE HUMANS. Its fixed at 800 , AC off. 1000 AC on. fixed, in software,
the bleed screw prevents losing the TPS calibration. a small horror that.

(01-16-2017, 02:06 AM)ThomasKinzer Wrote: Thanks guys,

Yes, I'm hoping to pass emissions test. I'm also just wanting to get this thing sorted from a known, which to me is the stock ECU. Who knows what ECU is running in there now? What else is it doing wrong? Maybe it's even messing up the Transmission's brain?

So I have a used ECU coming in the mail. It's still freezing snow and ice everywhere outside so this TPS adjustment laying across the engine sounds extra fun.

My plan is to put in the new ECU, hook the battery back up. Start it, see if the IAT code goes away. If so, I'll change the spark plugs and report on the how the old ones were looking. Then drive it around and see how the transmission O/D light is doing and test TPS for functionality and then adjust. Making that screw be no touchy touchy is a bummer. The average mechanic is going to assume that's the idle stop adjustment screw. <eye roll>
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Guy Hello / 1992 Suzuki Sidekick Multiple Issues / What to Tackle First? - by fixkick - 01-16-2017, 03:01 AM