Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Guy Hello / 1992 Suzuki Sidekick Multiple Issues / What to Tackle First?
the worst that one can do is mix base cases and PCB board, Printed circuit boards. "the badguy" seems to get us all,

nobody has documents on the PCB numbers, codes, or reversion, SUZUKI does nor did they ever publish that.
one could try each one at a time, and the one with no IAT error is the correct PCB. that be the only way to learn that
those chips are the micro-processor (with fixed internal program bank of memory , means can not be changed this program) aka, ROM.
the other chips are regulators and buffers, etc. (I/O chips)
end computer class.

yes, someone way playing , making the base case labels now useless, sad day for that. "the badguy" did that. He does things , unexpected.
58B40 is your ECU, US- AT ,"this is the sticker that MATTERS and only MATTERS"
ONLY that number and no others, is a match.
seen in on the PDF that is the correct 92 ECU for 4door, and 16v and A/T FED only.

Line 1-14 in the PDF, official Suzuki parts list, matches your car. and your car will not have and IAT unless its from CALIFORNIA.

(01-13-2017, 01:17 PM)ThomasKinzer Wrote: I can't pop these back into the cases, they are just boards, no case. ( its just 4 screws)
There's a case in the car.
I suspect someone [b]DID[/b] swap just the boards in the ECU case? (did and YES , they DID, why is the 8th wonder of the world)
For all I know, I have the correct board already. Probably bad, but could be the right one. (any ECU can be good or bad, its old)

The Sidekick is a '92, 4 door, Fed, AT, 1.6L.

I'm seeing some people listing 58B40 for 1994 Sidekicks. (on fleabay , you can see anything! they are not OFFICIALS nor smart, and 1/2 time lies... only the numbers matter !!!!, many are wrecking yards, and they to are clueless. here.)
I don't want to buy something that puts me right back where I started with it expecting a IAT sensor. (well buy the correct one> using he correct number) Nor me, Id try them all, best is the spring.(long days)
On your PDF, I see that's no IAT, 1992 only. Just trust the codes, huh? (the suzuki CODES DO NOT LIE !!!! on that STICKER unless the BADGUY, mixed PCB up willy nilly._

@fetcher
I thought about just wiring in an IAT sensor but then thought about the other unknowns, like "know" idea what the ECU is actually for. Could be a manual transmission for all I know. I think I'd rather start troubleshooting from a baseline of the correct ECU or I could be tilting at windmills.

The ECUs on this car, are like 10 ecu's sold for every country on earth a vast number exist.
I have the book that covers them all world wide, 100's of ECUs.. 56 markets.
that is why the gods of computer invented flash memory, so you can have one ECU and program it for any engine or country, or turbo,options, any transmission. etc. (did you know some ECU can run up to 12 cylinders, a fact)
and last smog laws, the engine is smog controlled and the programming must match that on a world scale.

I suspect the only major issue with your car, is that YOUR TCM does not like your TPS.

BTW most those fleabay hackers, never once seen the SUZUKI part catalog, ever. and then speculate. or worse just tell what car it came off of, and was in fact the wrong ECU along (just like yours is/was), thus causing even more CHAOS. (the word fleabay is earned, its just jokers in garage selling used parts or wrecking yards, scalping buyers) best is to buy from non scaplers, then ask seller to post photo of the TAG, seen on this page. 58B40, do not buy otherwise, Click 'ask seller a question" i do that every time and aks , is the photos show real, not stock fake photos. every time.

If your car was new, you buy one, you must taKE IT THE DEALER TO BE PROGRAMMED Or it would be useless. (or worse)

back in 1992, the ECU can NOT BE PROGRAMMED< they are NOT programmable nor configurable in any way at all, they are HARD FIXED , by end use.
On my new jeep the VIN must match, in the ECU or it will not run.
so be happy that used parts can work, because on newer cars, this magic does not work at all. (buy it , stuff it in and it works magic)

good luck!

PS:
id just fix the TPS. if gas mileage is ok, just the TPS fix ,will fix the transmission if lucky, I hope only the TPS causes the TCM to shift wrong. only that.
The TCM has many inputs, any that are wrong will effect auto shifting, in some way.

I only told you wrong on MAF because, i did not know which lamp was flashing, it was O/D
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Guy Hello / 1992 Suzuki Sidekick Multiple Issues / What to Tackle First? - by fixkick - 01-13-2017, 11:33 PM