Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
97 Sidekick Sport 1.8L - CUTS OUT AT 1/4 THROTTLE
sure that causes the TPS TO LIE! on all sidekicks /vitara and grands.
SO then RPM WAS NOT 800 SPEC>?hot? wish I knew that...

IF You fixed any of the 3 cables.. all 3 are slack, see SM on how.(is a large amount of slack,
10mm slack. (7/16" inches) G16, i do no have a J18 book, super rare they are, but, id bet same, due to same thermal reasons. (alaska to death valley, no jam)
so do it correct now. all 3.

then now, the tps is no longer calibrated! 0.5vdc
rules (predicates)
the tv must not be blocked with gunk(bottom of tV PLATE)common.
the TV cables,all 3, must be slack, never set tight,ever. (hopeless)
IF CAR IS AUT0OMATIC? ;THE KICK DOWN CABLE MUST NOT JAM, OR ALL 3 CABLES jam, INCLUDING CRUISE. OR ALL BETS OFF...

my guess, is the ECU knew the TPS is out of calibration, so it had to simulate it, and that always causes, running problems..(takes live scans driving to see this)
in fact what happened is tps works then fails then works then fails,, due to above, scanning driving would have found this...!!!
it was not misfiring. we know now. (spark misfiring was not IT)

it was pure TPS related, (microbogs. normally the tps signals enrich mode, if not, it bogs tipped in, then recovers. since i cant drive car and feel that, my guesses will be wrong) that is why I kept saying did the event bad(hickups) ,end if you pump the throttle ,at the event off failure. ONLY.

alls well that ends well.
PS:
ALSO EXPLAINS THE TPS ERRORS
AND CALIBRATION STEPS , 1/2 WORKING,
BUT no need for $200 + new TPS sensor. good

sure wish i could drive it.
The TPS failures, are classic. (micro bogs are not misfire,its lean bogging, staving ofr fuel for an instant.)

misfire is very violent and can not be recovered, in most cases.... in fact adding load,to and engine with true spark misfire,causes it to get worse due to higher cylinder pressures.
the opposite t of dead tps.
The ECU goes to limphome with dead tps, or just simulates it, all simulations are poor at best.

good lluck
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: 97 Sidekick Sport 1.8L - CUTS OUT AT 1/4 THROTTLE - by fixkick - 02-20-2017, 01:08 AM