Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idle slows and stops after revving
when the belt slips
spark is great, but retarded big time.
the plugs are all soaking in fuel
engine power, low.
and stalls. and loves to flood.
on some the bottom crank pulley bolt was never set to the new 1996 spec, and is grossly loose.
the causes timing to go all over the map, ?CRAZY? even to the point of compression ok now, but not in 1hour. and repeats, timing out of control happens.
fooling the tech,
so always take a G16, and check that bolt day 1, if not , the crank end can be ruined.
94/ft/lbs. (127, N/meters) (locked up in 5th gear, hand brake super tight)

that is why a stalled engine, i check spark timing, to see if the cam is lost its time at the MOMENT (stalled)

is this car 2door.
??????????????????????????
anadian 1990 Geo Tracker, 1.6 L 8V TBI, with 3-speed auto transmission and 4WD (my guess, 2 doors>?)

on all these cars, the crank bolt is checked the day we get the car, or any used engine, any engine, 1st touched, by you. for crank bolt torque. (on a engine pallet is use my flywheel locker, hand made in 15min)
when the belt is changed look for crank tip end damage during the process. (snout key damage, as seen on my timing belt page and 100s of others seen it and sent photos, endlessly)
on all theses cars,. remove left rear tail light,
the ground on 2 door,s is in this PIT there, at 2pm a ground screw, it must must not be ,as all seem to have.(its pump ground on all 2doors made)
the left side of this same PIT, is the huge connector, there, the pink wires must not be rusty, both these conditions cause car to stall. and is worse in the 2door due to its unique ground.
that connector pins not rusty. this pit is subject to huge water ingress from below.
If you live in the SALT belt, (wiki that name) this PIT wires FAIL FAST. (salted roads, kill cars and for sure this)
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Idle slows and stops after revving - by fixkick - 11-13-2016, 01:21 AM