Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1996 Geo Tracker hesitation upon quick acceleration
Hello! Well, I finally had a little bit of time to work on the Tracker, unfortunately the symptoms have been going from bad to worse. Originally the issues was what I stated at the beginning of this thread, however the issues are piling up now. To begin with, the car will not start unless I depress the gas pedal, I tried different settings on the pedal and either one works randomly to make the car start. Meaning I depress the pedal 100% and also around 20% and either one can fail or succeed in helping the car start, either way the car only starts if the pedal is depressed at some degree.

Then the car has an erratic idle, without me touching anything it will try to shut of on its own and then it will try correcting itself to remain running. It kept running but at some point it just shut off.

There is a code stored and one pending, both P0300, but the CEL is not activated on the dash board. I know the bulb is good because it comes on when I open the ignition.

I am attaching a screen shot of the freeze frame and screen shots of the obd2 scan while I had the car running at idle only, on these screenshots the car never left neutral and at some points I accelerated up to 4100 rpms (it cannot be seen on the screen shot of the RPM graph but that was the max value)

What I noticed on the scan is that the load is at around 20% when I think it should be less right? specially at idle. Let me know your thoughts.

continuation of screenshots

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1996 Geo Tracker, CAMI, 16 valve, 5sp, 4x4, soft top, 2 door, no a/c

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1996 Geo Tracker hesitation upon quick acceleration - by gorkyb - 10-06-2013, 09:42 AM