Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1996 Geo Tracker hesitation upon quick acceleration
Hi everyone, so finally after some procrastination on my part the Tracker is all back together, battery is recharging as of last night. I'll know tonight or in the next couple of days if it starts. Before I start it I have to repair a broken wire at the plug that connects to the distributor's base, these wires are far gone exactly at the point where they go into the plug, I think the safest bet will be to cut back on the wiring (around 4" or so) and add new wiring going into the connector and soldier them each one by one. Also while dropping the distributor in I noticed I had somehow managed to get gasket making material (grey permatex) exactly on the tip of the post of the distributor, I must have done this when I was trying to seal the distributor a few months ago. I also found a damaged cam shaft seal which I also replaced, the seal that was leaking was not old so I must have driven in unevenly last time I did it and pinched it.

I also re-taped all the wiring harness and checked for broken wires while the harness was out of the car.

Please look at the picture and tell me if any of you know what that threaded hole (where I have the green piece of plastic) is for. Am I missing something here?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1996 Geo Tracker, CAMI, 16 valve, 5sp, 4x4, soft top, 2 door, no a/c

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1996 Geo Tracker hesitation upon quick acceleration - by gorkyb - 02-25-2014, 02:10 AM