Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TICKING SOUND FROM THE INTAKE BLOCK
Made in Japan Suzuki Vitara 1997, 4x4, 16 valves, MPI EFI, 4 speed, Automatic, 1.6L, 5 door, from Israel

i cant hear ticking just huge engine rpm surge. is that you doing the surge or the known bug in the ECU surging the ISC, as most do. under failures.
all ticking on out side of engines is super easy to find buy a $5 stethosope, bingo.
that video s narrow, so narrow can see anything util the last few frames thin i see, EGR nipple defeated, so if that is defeated, might not that confuse the ECU? and make the vSV click, not sure.
this is a 96+ sidewinder EGR system with monoport EGR injector in the plenum.
that tube does nothing if the EGR man is closed, nor can the EGR main ever open ever now with the ported vacuum port on top of the TB< rubber capped off.
so EGR is DEAD, and defeated.
why not use a stethocope
or hose to ear
or a screw driver handle to hear an land on objects as all mech are trained to do.
that is how you find noise, i use, real stethoscope as it has amp camber inside that makes weak sounds loader. (sure helps over a noisy motor, no?)

(09-10-2016, 04:33 AM)SrgBog Wrote: Hello everybody,
Please see the video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PZPwPYt...e=youtu.be

Does somebody have a clue what is this ticking sound that coming from the
rear side of the intake block area? THE SOUND APPEARS ONLY WHEN I PRESS THE THROTTLE.
Made in Japan Suzuki Vitara 1997, 4x4, 16 valves, MPI EFI, 4 speed, Automatic, 1.6L, 5 door, from Israel
the rear side is a EGR VSV, so part level 2 mandate here on EGR. so????
why not use a stethoscope to side of all VSV to see that all are silent. that is a key test, of all bounce, (click) the ECU is rebooting the ECU bad caps deal.
my ecu page is titled, clicking relays or vsv... problem. [/b][/color]

Please see the attached picture - the sound is coming from the area that I
marked with the red arrow...

Maybe I need to take off the part that I marked with the blue square and
clean / fix there something ....?

What is the round glass that I marked with the red square ? What I suppose to see there?

Thanks ahead !
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
TICKING SOUND FROM THE INTAKE BLOCK - by SrgBog - 09-10-2016, 04:33 AM
RE: TICKING SOUND FROM THE INTAKE BLOCK - by fixkick - 09-10-2016, 08:16 AM