Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where is my horns
93 sidekick . i press the button but no horn . i hear the relay click but no horns. where are they located and also no dash lights. this is a confusing car to work on.Rolleyes
is this usa car, or a vitara, sidekick, tracker, , Sunrunner, Santana, or what, ? name of car helps as does country . in canada they have DRL lights, do you ? daytime running lamps.?
is car 4wd
is car 2doors or 4, the run unique harnesses,,,, so,, I must know this to help...

sounds like you just got a new car (to you) and all cars this old are chock a block full of problems, all ignored by the PO,,, for sure on old cars....

ok, the horn is in the front of car, some have 1 and some have 2,. located in the front fender, area, behind the plastic fender liners.
the right horn is an option, on some models, id bet yours dont have it, if both are dead, the relay too can be bad, clicks dont mean relay is ok but the horn button does seem to work.

you key on,
most the warning lamp must glow, are any gauges, dead too? if yes, the fuse is blown to the cluster, did you check all fuses first, in this old car"
there are 2 lamp banks in the cluster
1: warnings. CEL is top light, to work, right, due to EFI needs to be OK.
2: back ground illumination , also is park limps but has a dimmer if the dimmer is turned down, they are dim or out, (all cars do this) and if dead, see if parking lamps are dead front and rear.
if all park lamps are dead, the park fuse, is bad,.

the warning lamps are IG-coil/meter fuse , but if its blown the engine dies, no spark, no EFI.

horn, the stop/horn fuse needs to be ok.
the horn actual uses its base (bad idea) for ground, and all those base brackets rust in 23 years , times 10 if driven in the SALT belt (wiki that)
that ground fails, 9 out of 10.

back to cluster warnings, are the gauges dead, or not. they use the same fuse.
does cluster have a tachometer, this too must work, or you lost ground to the cluster. what works in the cluster and what does not tells me what is going on,,, do tell please.
so far simple problems, horn, lamps.
what does the fuel guage do.
and the engine temp.
and the OIL light (this lamp uses the engine block ground, that we know works) so if its dead and the fuse is ok, then someone unplugged the cluster connector behind the cluster, or 1/2 fell off.
http://www.fixkick.com
the 4wd car usually has a tachometer, is car 4wd?
http://www.fixkick.com