Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Valve cover gaskets for the Sport
(08-07-2016, 05:08 AM)fixkick Wrote:
(08-07-2016, 12:41 AM)rasmeidirt Wrote: Thanks for the responses.

I would like to tell you about the background of this Sport's timing chain. It has been a little noisy hot, just a little, for years, even since 2005. If you drive it for one hour, it would get quiet. Sometimes I want this engine to break. Amazingly, it has just refused to break!!

I always take care very much of engine oil, 10w40 with proper level and new oil.

I will not hurry to change the new chains until I get a new set of valve cover gaskets.

how may miles on this current CHAIN.?
most last 250k miles if oil changed at correct times.
its not just chain its the guides and hydr. tension'ers
can't tell you the many times , my good chains failed with bad hydra, tension'er

if the change breaks, the valves bend.
no one wants that.
it's an interference DOHC engine.
sure some get lucky and there is no damage, (as they say luck happens)
some DOHC are ok as long as the cam to cam chain does not jump, on those the intakes hit exhaust valves.
the beauty here is no 60k belt swaps over and over, the chains can go a very long distance.
It's a nice engine really.

Hi, since my speedometer, odometer and trip meter have stopped working at 10K miles, I really don't know how many more miles after this!
The sound of the chains have not changed otherwise it makes me worried about.
I still don't even know why the auto gears still shift as if the speedometer has still worked as normal.

Regarding the valve cover gaskets, I do not know any other ways beside ordering them by Ebay in the next few days! due to they ship to Cambodia.
Thanks,

Messages In This Thread
Valve cover gaskets for the Sport - by rasmeidirt - 08-03-2016, 10:21 PM
RE: Valve cover gaskets for the Sport - by rasmeidirt - 08-09-2016, 10:38 PM