Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2002 chevy tracker 2.0 (NO FIRE PLEASE HELP)
1: fuses good.? both IG coil and FI good. (zero ohms across them or 12vdc on both sides key on?) yes, no? check fuses first.
2: the ECU has a CEL lamp that must glow key on, tell you you ECU has power, is the lamp glowing, if not fuses are blown or worse.
3: OK above is ok, it must be, or all this is just a wasted effort. computers cant compute , with zero power. does the CEL glow, ?????????? KEY ON<?????????????
4: next the CMP and CKP most work and be timed correctly or there will be no spark or is way off, time. depends now if dead they are, or just of time,
5: next? if signals out of CMP are dead, may be the cams are dead. since the oil filler is not clear view this, then check compression, (i do this on all old cars, saves me big money this)
its just $20 tool, one potted plant. (so cheap, unlike me a lad, like $400 in todays cash.
if the engine ,is toast , i scrap car, or find a new engine, or???? see? why tests tell you what needs to be done next or not? parts and time wasted on the dead. is not always good.

or pull the valve cover, and watch cams?, nah , its only 30min work to do a compression test. why skip this vital information.
it has 2 cam s, and if the big chain drops off, both cams go dead. (2 chains there)
and then valves bend.... what if they did.? whole now be the time to know this, before replacing all sensors, CMP< CKP, all cops and the ECU, ????? lacking a scan tool can be super expensive guessing..
then RPM is zero on the DASH tachometer, cranked 300rpm is crank speed, and in the scan tool zero rpm???
and DTC P03xx codes showing dead CMP< , but CKP works because its crank and cranks does spins so no errors there, most times never, we dont ever see CKP fail here, ever.
but both can be unplugged sure.

the ECU will not make spark lacking the inputs of CMP and CKP. because, it dont know where crank TDC is, nor where the cams are, so cant know which cylinder to fire.
it does all firing of spark and all spark advance all under computer control and nothing else.
all new cars do the same thing,

the G16 runs with CKP unplugged, oddly !, shocks many but the ECU cries bloody murder , DTC plenty.
this engine has no distributor and the CKP is 100% needed, as is CMP.
or NO SPARK HAPPENS.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2002 chevy tracker 2.0 (NO FIRE PLEASE HELP) - by fixkick - 07-30-2016, 10:37 AM