Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suzuki Swift T3 conversion - engine no start
(07-13-2016, 11:44 PM)fixkick Wrote:
(07-13-2016, 01:44 PM)t3tom Wrote:
(07-13-2016, 09:34 AM)fixkick Wrote: bad wiring
or sensors you've yet to discover.
its easy to damage wire ripping harnesses out of donor car.

Yep.. I can't imagine the kinds of problems techs in the future will face when troubleshooting 2016 model cars as they turn 25 years old, with miles of old wiring, and sensor networks.

Thanks for all the help so far.. Diagnosis will continue!

I to think those same words every ,day.
what will be the future, of all this, when all those vast parts are not sold in the future,( ever notice how obsolescence, is accelerating?)
remember air pumps from the late 70, blowing air in to the exhaust ports, to burn the unburned fuel, (most are not sold now, spare pumps)
and cars with 6 air bags, and then you need one, to pass smog, they will fail you for any warning light.

id try to find a tech1 scan tool that can scan this ECU. (barrow one,?) needs correct plug in...
Hmm. it seems that a 1991 Turbo Sprint does not have ODB1 or even a 12 pin ALDL connector, only the CEL and a Diagnostic fuse socket. This must have been one of the reasons these cars were never sold in the USA, as Canadian ODB standards may have been less stringent. It looks like the wiring harness will need to be re-verified wire by wire. Later on, I may get an inexpensive handheld oscilloscope as it seems to be a small investment to improve our understanding of electrical faults for cars of this era.

see all those bits. good bad or ugly

here is ours. our 32 bits..(words)

http://www.fixkick.com/ECU/Tech1/full_scan2.html

id bet there are surprise there.. for sure working on any car, no matter how old (or new) many problems can ONLY be found using the scanner.,
OMG, i never dreamed this part here failing would cause ignitor errors... (secret software it all is, inside)

I see the turbo version has a longer page on this.... and more DTCs. its very much unique and more complex.

cheers and good luck !

Thanks for the encouragement!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Suzuki Swift T3 conversion - engine no start - by t3tom - 07-14-2016, 03:46 PM