Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suzuki Swift T3 conversion - engine no start
not sure what was swapped, at all.
but on engine swaps, many times the spark parts change, i talking the twins.
CMP and CKP
most early G engines with MPI have no CKP, at all but many that do , the tone wheel in that engine varies greatly (more teeth or less) mostly 1996+ here in usa.. OBD2 evolutionary.
I have no idea what CHevy GM put in that sprint, G10 sure, but i looked on mitchells and the OBD1 ECu has 99 error codes, very non suzuki errors too..
what was the numbers on the side of the ECU for sprint,, that be a huge clue.
and can look them up if its a Suzuki P/n, 33920-xxxxx

do not let the p/n confuse you, like say and ignitor, there are 2 parts the same,, made in japan, and one cami, 2 p/n same part. so... id need actual p/n to tell you

id have the sprint FSM book in hand first. factory service manual, this will show what makes the ECU happy, to spark and inject.
in most cases the harnesses need to be changed, or the ECu will have open pins on critical inputs.

the turbo shows, advance knock controls.
so those parts need to match , ECU and all knock controls the distributor , is listed as a knock control version too. in year

and transformer shape (irregular) spark coil and the tank shape (cylinder) spark coil, they run different dwells, so can not be mixed.
in all cases, do not mix sensors or spark parts, unless you check out the details of each part.... (big differences exist) even when they look near same.

also in 1992 (1991 on Vitara/sidekicks) the distributor changed from standalone spark gen, to ecu spark generation (cmp only)
so, not of those parts can be mixed up, during this era of changes and turbo, parts.
all must match
if you had a tech1 scan tool you'd see what the ECU is missing for inputs, or that RPM is zero, or other gross errors from ECU.

wish i knew all parts swapped, im sure there is a list.
swaps are not easy unless you have both FSM books before the swap, (victim and donor) hehehehe
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Suzuki Swift T3 conversion - engine no start - by fixkick - 07-03-2016, 10:59 PM