Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suzuki Vitara/sidekick
Star 
Hello

Just arrived to this forum from sweden, i bought a car for my kid (15y) it´s
a Suzuki Vitara i think it is a 2 door ? Win nr JSAETA51C00102587 can some tell me what year and the right modell it is? It have the J20A engine with 325000 km on odometer.

2, i have an issue whith cylinder nr 2, it have no spark, it has COP, chance the plugs- no differens, change COP from another cylinder- no differens...any clue ?

Maybe there are no signal from ECU to COP but how to now whatSad number on ECU , i do not have any electric wiring sheet and no instructionsheet for faultysearch...anyone?

Sorry for bad english

//Mike
welcome

open hood, see wirewall and next to batter is the BIG tag there, telling all that.
http://www.fixkick.com/specs/Body-TAGS/bodytag.html
see this built words here?
also see those FAExxxx codes, need to know those too , to identify any suzuki car, (not in usa)

(04-02-2019, 05:56 AM)Alfredo1 Wrote: Hello

Just arrived to this forum from sweden, i bought a car for my kid (15y) it´s
a Suzuki Vitara i think it is a 2 door ? Win nr JSAETA51C00102587 can some tell me what year and the right model it is?
It has the J20A engine with 325000 km on odometer.
the VIN, JSA means made in actual Japan. I see this VIN lacks the year code, common outside USA but see my link)

2, i have an issue whith cylinder nr 2, it have no spark, it has COP, chance the plugs- no differences, changed COP from another cylinder- no differences...any clue ?

compression on #2 would be next, 150PSI not 50 not 0.
then cop signals next. (you have no scope so seeing 5mS plus (5/1000'th) of a second lomg, will be hard !

Maybe there are no signal from ECU to COP but how to know thatSad number on ECU , i do not have any electric wiring sheet and no instruction sheet for faulty search...anyone?
replacing the ECU is $400 , compression test $20, so is super easy decision...

Sorry for bad english (no rules here, on pounding text)

//Mike

Twin Cops: (not 4)
the cop is wired in series on the secondary side (called wasted spark setup and #1 fires with #4, and thus wasted)
so if one spark wire goes dead (open) or a spark plug dead open circuited, both plugs are now dead on that 1 cop.,
and if one is good, how is it possible for the cop primary signal dead, that kills dead the DUAL cop,

you have only 2 COPS right or is it 4 cops. I dont know, until I know full body tag data...
suzuki made both kinds of 4 cylinder engines with COPS . the pair or 4 cops total.....
http://www.fixkick.com