Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finding CAM TDC
Dear Fix kick:
Thanks very much for the time you took to provide the detailed answer.

At this juncture, I would like to refresh my story and answer to some of the questions you asked.

The engine has cold WOT compression of 155 psi on all cylinders. I believe the TDCs are to spec, and so are the valve lashes.

It should be noted that after I installed installing the used engine, everything was working OK until I discovered an oil leak on the base of the distributor. That was caused due to the crack on the base of the distributor (on the location where it mates to engine). Then I put the distributor from my old motor instead of the leaking distributor; and, that is the trouble started!

Here are answer to some of the questions you asked:
1. are the HV wires timed right, if it runs ok at one rpm , the wires are right.
I am assuming by the HV wires you mean the wires going to the spark plugs. The answer is yes; I have checked their order of connection on the distributor, as well as their resistances.

2. does it have china rotor in it, that times 3 ways, (bs), then buy a bosch rotor , they dont.
I am not sure whether it is Chinese or other brand; there is no label on it. Yesterday I took the rotor part of the used engine's distributor and installed it on the base of the one that was with my old engine. This distributor has a Mitsubishi sign on it. I have not tried the new set up yet, since I need the O-ring that goes between the dizzy and motor. I am waiting for the dealer to get it for me!
[/color]

3. misfiring is complex and best to know when it happens and not. under all conditions. and what it sounds like.
is it backfiring, to air cleaner, or to exhaust muffler.
These days I have taken the trumpet part off. When it backfires, it is right inside the TB, just below the injector. I am so distressed that I do not wait for the engine to get too warm!

4. is it worse cold or hot engine?
I think it is more or less the same.

5. can you get full wot power from engine?
NO!

Thank you so much!
Zackman
[color=#800080][b]91 Sidekick JX, 8V, S. Carolina Car, 2 dr, 3 speed Auto Trani, Halifax, NS, Canada[/b][/color]

Messages In This Thread
Finding CAM TDC - by Zackman - 02-15-2016, 11:19 AM
RE: Finding CAM TDC - by fixkick - 02-15-2016, 11:45 PM
RE: Finding CAM TDC - by fixkick - 02-16-2016, 12:53 AM
RE: Finding CAM TDC - by Zackman - 02-16-2016, 01:53 AM
RE: Finding CAM TDC - by fixkick - 02-16-2016, 02:16 AM
RE: Finding CAM TDC - by Zackman - 02-16-2016, 05:12 AM
RE: Finding CAM TDC - by Zackman - 02-20-2016, 01:55 AM
RE: Finding CAM TDC - by fixkick - 02-20-2016, 02:39 AM
RE: Finding CAM TDC - by Zackman - 02-22-2016, 10:55 AM
RE: Finding CAM TDC - by fixkick - 02-22-2016, 09:49 PM
RE: Finding CAM TDC - by Zackman - 02-23-2016, 04:10 AM