Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Mechanic in Dallas-Fort Worth Area?
Hi:

I have what appears to be an oil leak. I have oil on the lower front of my engine and oil pan. Can anyone recommend an experienced suzuki mechanic in the Dallas Fort Worth area? Or the closest good mechanic that you know of?

My vehicle is a 2 door, 4x4, 5 speed manual transmission, 1999 Chevy Tracker with a 1.6 liter engine. It has 126 K mile. It was stored and not driven for three years (2008 thru 2011), The previous owner saw the leak. He said his mechanic repaired it by replacing the cam seal. When he replaced the cam seal, he also replaced the timing belt, water pump, and other belts. I have not removed the TB cover, but the water pump looks new as do all the belts. So I think he was telling the truth. So the oil on the front of the engine is either residual or there was another leak after which he decided "enough is enough" and decided to sell the vehicle. The top of the engine had been cleaned and is clean as a whistle. The radiator is also new, but looks like it was for a 2.0 liter as the inlet and outlet are on the driver and not passenger's side. The engine runs like a clock, starts right up, and has good power. The transmission shift crisply and is tight. It drives good!

After reviewing the forum, changing a front crank seal is not something I want to sign up for. Also, the forums have convinced me that there are subtleties about Suzukis that require an knowledgeable mechanic using quality parts to make repairs and avoid further issues. And, yes, I do intend on cleaning the engine, looking for new leakage, and then peaking under the TB cover when I get the time and the weather cooperates (for washing the engine).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ridge Runner

Messages In This Thread
Good Mechanic in Dallas-Fort Worth Area? - by Ridge Runner - 01-11-2016, 01:37 PM