Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
97 Tracker - Poor Idle, Hesitation
Ok, new FPR in place. Has improved but still getting the hesitation, miss, bucking just off idle. Seems to run slightly better with the MAP sensor unplugged. Manifold vacuum at idle is about 20in-hg.

Do you think it is worth disconnecting the battery for a while and let it start relearning out from scratch? Not sure what my next move is yet. I think I'm going to purchase either Scan XL soon.

So I guess the next things I need to do are to check timing, and make sure EGR is fully closed at idle. I may try and swap some sensors from a friends 95 parts vehicle (mine is a 97.) I am also going to do a TPS calibration although it appears to be working perfectly.

I think the FPR was a problem, but not the main problem. I'm wondering if after I cleaned out the EGR, if somehow a piece of carbon fell into the valve and is keeping it partially open.

Can you clarify a few thins with this EGR test. So I disconnect the vauum line from the intake, then I start the engine and "blip the EGR main" (does this mean press on the diaphragm?)

egr trick if needed, make sure its closed, parked, engine off
take off top egr hose, top of rear plenum at TB.
off it and plug it with golf tee, end EGR not wanting to close. as a test. parked blip the EGR main 3 times, 1,2,3 (for luck) hear it go thump, thump , that is full closed.
with EGR out of picture can help testing. for sure if likes to stick. some do , but only real hot.

I will check the crank pulley bolt torque when I am checking the timing.

Messages In This Thread
97 Tracker - Poor Idle, Hesitation - by Mike8500 - 01-04-2016, 11:20 AM
RE: 97 , the :15 event ! - by fixkick - 01-06-2016, 12:06 AM
RE: 97 Tracker - Poor Idle, Hesitation - by Mike8500 - 01-08-2016, 02:39 PM