Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine starts and then dies.
First off I can't believe you made fixkixk a page. Holy man have I read a lot of it.. But anyways...
The truck is a Cali 95 tracker 1.6l 16v. I followed your page and rebuilt my engine basically(everything but pistons due to perfect combustion). I have put it back in the truck and done all the timing, dizzy, lash, torque all up to your specs. I don't not have the valve cover on, nor WP and other things that run off that belt. I have my intake and exhaust manifolds on and my air filer with MAF to the intake on. When I turn the key I can hear fuel being pumped and visual( squirt test). I can start the engine but only for 1-5 seconds. Sometimes fast foot helps sometimes not. Starter fluid did have it going but its on and off. I have a brand new fuel pump and filter. FPreg passes tests. All injectors show 13.6 and noid perfectly. Egr shut completely and opens via tests, bark good with mod, ISC doesn't rattle when shook, I tested the TPS but it says reverse for the volts (4.5 at close and .5 at WOT). Maybe I tested wrong, calibrated using your 16v procedure, didn't find the proper V on third pin from bottom. Compression is all 170. all intake ports were cleaned thoroughly. Spark is great, gapped to spec. I put fresh fuel in. Full charged battery. I am getting 0 volts to my egr vsv, not sure if that's proper. I have gone over the grounds I can identify and clean thoroughly.
I'm so stumped. its been three full days now reading your page and tring to figure this out !! just want my first rebuilt to fire up.

Check engine light is on with key and does turn off the times I can keep the motor running..

Messages In This Thread
Engine starts and then dies. - by justgoit - 10-30-2015, 01:01 PM
RE: Engine starts and then dies. - by fixkick - 10-30-2015, 09:41 PM
RE: Engine starts and then dies. - by justgoit - 11-03-2015, 05:51 AM
RE: Engine starts and then dies. - by fixkick - 11-03-2015, 07:33 AM
RE: Engine starts and then dies. - by hatchetman - 11-03-2015, 07:50 AM
RE: Engine starts and then dies. - by justgoit - 11-03-2015, 08:17 AM
RE: Engine starts and then dies. - by fixkick - 11-03-2015, 10:42 AM
RE: Engine starts and then dies. - by justgoit - 11-03-2015, 04:05 PM
RE: Engine starts and then dies. - by fixkick - 11-03-2015, 10:22 PM