Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
94 Tracker EGR stall test fail and . . .
Hello,

Specs; 1994 Geo Tracker, 2dr conv, 1.6, 8v, 2wd, mileage unknown. Neglected by the previous owner(s) and trying to fix as I have time and money.

To date, fixed the distributor oil leak and got timing close. I couldn't fix the timing with the jumper wire (also couldn't read the codes). Got a used power steering pump and got it functional. Lots of of other little things and reading the fixkick documents.

I cleaned EGR valve about 8 weeks ago, completely filled with carbon. passages clogged but ran out of time so just got those clean this week. I got the passages clean (used old speedo cable) and started the motor to confirm. Revved to the moon when started but quickly stuck my fingers over the holes, motor stalled. Re-installed the EGR tried the stall test and nothing or very little rpm change. I replaced some vacuum lines today and checked the line from the EGR to the bark valve (circular directly above EGR) it was clogged, the line. Cleaned clogged vacuum line and re-tried stall test with vacuum pump. Oh, the EGR valve will hold a vacuum so diaphragm is good?. Anyway, no joy the stall test still didn't cause a stall. Ideas?

Driving. Since day one April 2015 (about 2,500 miles ago) it stumbles or surges on light throttle. Example flat highway at 60mph it surges horrible and worse going down slight grades. However going uphill it drives perfect, good throttle response and decent power for what it is.

Any suggestions? Oh, I can take pictures or video if needed. I better with a computer but working on my mechanic skills :-)

Thank you,
Bruce

Messages In This Thread
94 Tracker EGR stall test fail and . . . - by tbb10785 - 10-25-2015, 09:10 AM