Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem to start when the engine is hot
(11-19-2015, 10:17 PM)fixkick Wrote: the pinch test.
hot engine.
1/2 the air for 800 rpm power, comes from ISC
and 1/2 the bleed. (when duty is at 50%)
there are no other air supplies

Complety agreed with you

armed with those facts.
you can pinch the ISC, if RPM does not, cut in half,(1/2) or stall?, then at the same time ,turn the BLEED CW. (closing this last supply of air)
the RPM MOST FALL to 400 or stall. if not? there IS A LEAK (vacuum)

Yes, that was what happened the needle stopped in the white line next to the 0 in gauge toy, but in the last viseo we are complety agreed there are a hurricane air leak..

usually when you have say a small air leak (vacuum) and idle is too high

Yes, gauge toy confused me, I know that now..

and you start turning the bleed screw CW, at some point the ISC wakes up(its not pinched now) and idle Locks in at 800rpm , regulating.
The bleed screw can hide some small leaks, (with in the range of the bleed, and ISC)
but most leaks get worse in time, and above is just a band-aid to nowhere...

Yes, you told me that cheating in ECM before, I don't forget it..

once i get an engine running right ,not misfiring, or bogging, i do this test (pinch) and bleed checks,per above
before doing any duty cycle tests or precision spark timing. (timing needs idle near 800 +freeze jumper)
if there are no major leaks , i then do the duty cycle calibration and for sure, on all new Throttle-bodies.

I must to find the hurricane in the vitara and after that will be see about duty cicle, I'm going to take the vitara to mechanic and do again the same ari leak test with him, to konw what he think about, if nothing to do with the mechanic, I'll open all parts if is necessary, of course..

and we have a cheap meter that works now. off ebay.
i just tested it from 5v to 18v and a wide ranges of ISC frequencies (or is 200hZ) it works great.

A man from another Forum sent me this model, he said you use it too, I met you and this Forum because he sent me some Fixkick pages of you, and for that I registered in your Forum, afortunately, of course too..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331500832195

But I can't buy it in dolars, only in euros, but I'll try to get one like this..

keep in mind all 8v engines make full power, with vacuum leaks, the engine might scream and make huge power when the iSC looses control.

For what the idle rises when there are some leaks ? The air-fuel change and is poor in fuel, so why increses ?..
Because when we used engines with carburator, and we pull the cable before to start to close the air entrance, the engine increases the speed..
Perhaps is another system..
Tell me please..

At the end I know how to write in letters color..

I'll insert some picture about new horn gasket in the gallery and the place where I did the last air test..

Cheers!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem to start when the engine is hot - by LuisCarlos - 11-20-2015, 10:10 PM