Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1990 GEO Tracker LXI - HOSE, Brake Booster Vacuum Hose (Intake)
Thanks Fixkick,

The booster hose in question is the one running from the firewall steel line to the manifold. I don't know if I finally ended it's life by moving it back-and-forth or if it was sealing up as you suggest?!?

I was able to find more info in regards to the hose specs by examining the hose on the booster side. It had an SAE J1403 stamp along with the 11/32 indication. Unfortunetly, my local parts store didn't have it in stock BUT Amazon carries a Gates model 27232 (same specs) that is 3ft in length.

The more that I look at the inner wall of that hose, I'm convinced it looks that way due to age & heat stress causing it to mold against the end of the manifold inlet. The blow-by only adds to more inner wall reduction. The hose is almost rock-hard 3 inches away from the manifold.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer my question--I appreciate it! I'll post an update after installing the Gates hose in the hope that someone else may find it useful.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1990 GEO Tracker LXI - HOSE, Brake Booster Vacuum Hose (Intake) - by Trk90 - 10-25-2015, 09:37 AM