Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1990 GEO Tracker LXI - HOSE, Brake Booster Vacuum Hose (Intake)
Hello,

Wow! This my be a bit odd but today, I was checking over the Tracker before winter sets in, and I came across a split in the Brake Booster Vacuum Hose (Intake side). I haven't noticed anything odd in terms brake pedal resistance, surging engine, etc. Anyway, I pulled at the hose and it literally split - right at the end of the intake ferrule/port.

Ok, I''m thinking I'll just find this part online cross referencing Suzuki numbers. The Suzuki part number that I found was: 51831-60A01

Seems this part is no longer available. So I start looking at the hose and see that it's an 11/32 vacuum hose, thinking I'll just buy a bulk piece to replace it.

Here's where the question comes in...I noticed on the hose that it has arrows pointing that say something like "Norm Engine" pointing towards the intake. I can't be sure but that's what it looks like. Also, I started looking inside the hose to see if there was any reducer and (It could be a huge pile of build-up from blow-by) right where it split, was a blockage. It didn't clean out but felt gummy like it could have been deteriorated rubber. First question; Should there be any type of reducer in the hose where it clamps at the intake?

Second question; Does anyone know if there is an alternate number for 51831-60A01? Or is it as simple as buying a piece of 11/32 vacuum hose if there is indeed no reducer?

Thanks for any insight!

Messages In This Thread
1990 GEO Tracker LXI - HOSE, Brake Booster Vacuum Hose (Intake) - by Trk90 - 10-24-2015, 03:42 AM