Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chassis Measurements Off. Important?
So I am tearing down the '95 sidekick 4-door and noticed that the frame is sitting on 3 jack stands, but not touching the 4th.

I found that the measurements in the shop manual diagonal between the front body mount bolt and the one just behind the opposite front wheel is suppose to be 137.9 cm. Mine measures 137.3 one way and 137.5 the other. Very close (my measuring can be off by +/- 2 mm, but both significantly less than what the manual says they should be. Weird!

The book says the diagonal between the middle two body mount bolts should be 179.3 cm. Mine measure 179.2 cm and the other pair measure 178.4 cm. So one side of the X is almost right on, but the other side is a centimeter short!

I repeated the measurements. I measured by holding a plumb line to the center of the mounting bold an marking the shop floor before measuring between the marks. I did the whole process twice with similar results.

MY QUESTION:

How important is this crookedness in my frame?
Is this a "Throw it out and find another vehicle" situation?
Is this a "Don't worry about it -- just adjust the alignment" situation?
Is this a "It can be fixed" situation?

Patiently waiting for your advice.
1995 Suzuki Sidekick JX 4WD 4-door hardtop, G16 1.6L 16 valve L4 SOHC, 4-spd Auto Trans (Asin AW Model 03-72 LE), Non-ABS, Assembled in Ingersoil, Ontario. Currently in Tok, AK.

Messages In This Thread
Chassis Measurements Off. Important? - by Nunapitchuk - 10-23-2015, 08:31 AM