Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I'm lost cant figure this thing out
(10-14-2015, 10:18 PM)suzuki sidekick Wrote: It is a 16 valve motor it is 4wd and its an automatic I changed both the mass air flow and the TOS didn't help any.as far as gears 1st will get to about 20 and when itshifts it instantly starts fall ing on its face I can baby it and it will go about 10 and wont go any faster then that until u shut it off and start it back up. Tryed to adjust timing didn't help. I dont believe it jumped time because it idle and starts fine

If transmission is good, then based on your symptoms, sounds fuel starved when under load to me, but only you can ascertain or rule that out, via particular tests.

That did seem to be your first inkling. If you replaced that line, it's possible some clog got in there, or some debris.

From http://youramazingcar.com/?p=35
"Acceleration Problems – Another good sign that draws optimum attention to check whether your car’s fuel filter is clogged with dirt or functioning properly. This frequently occurs when your car starts behaving funny or oddly, and suffers from a slowdown syndrome when driven at certain speeds due to lack of sufficient fuel, required for it to go any faster. Even with the fact that you might be stepping hard on the gas, the vehicle fails to bulge and the speed remains the same."

rc

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm lost cant figure this thing out - by GeoHacker - 10-15-2015, 11:28 AM