Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got spark, got fuel, got compression, no start :/
Hey guys I just bought a 91 Geo Tracker 8 valve and I'm having a few problems. This thing was rigged when I got it and I'm trying to track down the issues. Thank you in advance for any help you give!

First off electrical.
I have check engine light but when I jump the connector pin 2 and 3 it does not flash codes.

No under dash switch has been found.

Vac sensor on engine with blue connector clicks nonstop showing 12v on wire
-----
What I've done

Followed fix kick procedure on setting the distributor

New timing belt install. Lined up cam mark with the 60 mark.
Tried rotating crank 180 degrees to make sure that wasnt the problem.

All fuses and relays tested

Opened ecu and no damage to capicators. Had electronics friend check board and he says it all looks good and used a dom on the diodes and capicators to check.

New spark plugs gapped correctly

Checked each spark plug wire and getting good spark.

Replaced bad fuel pump (car sat for 2 years and it went bad)

Removed air intake pipe and cleaned the injector.
Don't seem to be getting an injector pulse, but idk if it's just bc my dvom is so slow.

Looked down in the throttle body and there is gas.

Spark plugs are wet.

Backfires through the intake.

Backfire indicates that my timing is off, but ive checked it many times and it is right where it needs to be.

Good battery

-----

I don't know what's up with this thing. I've tried to check everything the right way instead of just guessing. Belt and plugs needed to be replaced anyway so I went ahead and sreplaced em. I've got a bit of cash left for this so if I need a tool or something to do this right I can prob handle that.

I own a 95 16 valve tracker as well that runs. I can try swapping compatible parts across to it, if I know what I'm looking for.

I really appreciate any help yall can offer I'm truly stumped and I want to fix it myself instead of taking it somewhere.

The previous owner took it to a shop and they put one of those after market fuel pumps oreillys sells for carburated cars. They had it setup with a house dimmer switch to turn the flow up and down for the gas. :/ I removed all the aftermarket shit and reconnected all the stock wires together.

Messages In This Thread
Got spark, got fuel, got compression, no start :/ - by DesmondGhostRider - 09-29-2015, 05:15 AM