Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1993 Sidekick 16 Valve 4X4
OK I am back at this again. 1993 Sidekick lost engine a few months back due to cracked head and heat seizing. Swapped in a 1998 1.6 esteem motor with under 100K. In order to swap I had to change oil pan and pickup, swap cam and both crank and cam sprockets, swap the water pipe under the intake, new WP and timing kit and finally the accessory mounts. Checked valve lash and it was in spec. First off the motor fired up immediately after priming the oil pump still rattled a bit up top but quieted down a bit, but it still doesnt sound right. It will not rev up and just bogs when I press the accelerator to the floor and idles like it has a massive cam in it. It is the only thing I have to drive at the moment and any help would be appreciated. Yes CEL is on and I will pull codes when I get home but I was wondering if by changing the esteem cam and crank sprockets out for the sidekicks it screwed up the valve timing due to the differences. Thanks in advance!!!!

Also I can not find the second vacuum hose for the EGR valve. Does anyone have a schematic on where these hoses go?

Messages In This Thread
1993 Sidekick 16 Valve 4X4 - by brocklanders - 07-28-2015, 06:56 AM
RE: 1993 Sidekick 16 Valve 4X4 - by fixkick - 07-28-2015, 07:33 AM