Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1992 Tracker-Hit pothole car stalled and won't start
First the car:

1992 GEO Tracker, 4x4, 2D, manual, TBI, 8v

The car has been running fine, starts every time, very clean engine with minimal to no leaks. Last week, while driving, my son hit a pothole on the on the right side, then the car stopped running (stalled out). It has not been able to be started since. I checked the following:

1. Spark to all spark plugs and all wires connected. (acceptable)
2. Fuel pump fuse operational. (acceptable)
3. Fuel pump relay, operational by resistivity and swapping in a known working relay. (acceptable).
4. Fuel return from fuel pressure regulator to gas tank, no fuel returns to the gas tank. (??)
5. All sensor wires connected (acceptable).
6. "Pink" ground wire behind left right tail light is grounded (acceptable).
7. No intact obstructions to the air intact (acceptable).

I am checking the basics to get an engine running, fuel, spark, and air. Since spark and air seem to be fine, I was focused on fuel.

If the impact was substantial, is there a rollover switch or reply that needs to be reset? I can't seem to find any mention of a switch, but my 1991 Ford Explorer had a reset button under the glove compartment for fuel cutoff that could be trigger upon an impact.

Is there a simple method to check fuel pump functionality without removing the fuel pump from the gas tank?

I'm still troubleshooting, but any helpful guidance would be appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
1992 Tracker-Hit pothole car stalled and won't start - by ddbernier - 01-19-2015, 02:36 AM