Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turn signals out after smoke in combo switch
Here they are Fix. Tabs are not bendable. They are flat. Continuity has been consistent from connector to combo and from relay to combo. All wires(solid yellow, yellow/white and green all measured 0.05 on the lowest ohm range. I did find a burnt spot between green wire contact and green/red. Below all the pics I think can help you out.

The yellow wire from fuse is the top one at the right. The middle one is the yellow/white going to relay. The ones at the left are green, middle, green/yellow below and green/red top of solid green. I tested resistance from solder point to harness connector and from solder point to really in thew appropiatye wires. Yellow always had 12v. But anyways resistance was okay.

This is the burnt spot I told you, and maybe the problem, but don't know how it affects just by looking at it?

This is the other side of the combo switch.

This is the contact I told you when I first dissembled the combo, way ago, that looked strange. There is metal missing at both ends of that copper tab.

This is the connector end of the combo. All pins looked ok and no burns.

Hope you make something out of this.

J
Sidekick 94, 1.6L Engine 16v
4 spd Auto Tranny
4 Door 2RWD
Puerto Rico

Messages In This Thread
RE: Turn signals out after smoke in combo switch - by zukitrek - 11-24-2014, 10:33 AM