Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ISC solenoid repair?
Hello everyone on the forum. (My english is bad, I use google translate :/)

I recently bought a Sidekick 1989 years, EFI 8V. Of course, I immediately met with the problem of high idlle. (1200-1500RPM)
Since I'm an electrician by trade, and I will deal with reparation electronic assemblies European cars, I easily found the problem it caused high idlle - ICS solenoid. The problem arose in the gasket between the ISC solenoid and throttle body. Gasket is burned between the inlet and outlet sections. Considering that in my country almost impossible to find a new gasket, I handedly created a new one. After a visual inspection of the ISC solenoid I noticed that the solenoid valve (inside) do not seal it completely. (Does not close completely airflow inside) Also, in my country is almost impossible to find a new ISC solenoid so I am compelled to fix existing ones.
I am interested in the following:

- Does the ISC solenoid valve has to seal completely when no voltage, or a factory left a small gap for partial air flow when the valve is not active?

- Did someone tried to dismantle existing ones for reparations?

- Also, when the valve is in operation mode (the bright, cold starts, etc.) solenoid has a very strong sound work (strong klicking), while the expected increase in engine RPM does not happen, or happens very little. This now creates a reverse situation when the engine is cold, low RPM drop 300-400 RPM. When the engine warms up the normal RPM (800 RPM), but I have the impression that the ISC works no need to increase the RPM.

- Is it possible (by input wire) solenoid open for reparations? I noticed that for some trying, because underneath the rubber cover notices silicone sealant.

By the way, thanks to the author fixkick.com, because it helped me with a lot of useful information. I'm an electrician and I hope you'll help others on the forum in some situations.

Best regards from Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Nike

Messages In This Thread
ISC solenoid repair? - by Nike - 06-13-2014, 09:07 AM
RE: ISC solenoid repair? - by fixkick - 06-13-2014, 11:27 AM
RE: ISC solenoid repair? - by Nike - 06-14-2014, 02:45 AM
RE: ISC solenoid repair? - by fixkick - 06-14-2014, 03:06 AM
RE: ISC solenoid repair? - by Nike - 06-14-2014, 04:00 AM
RE: ISC solenoid repair? - by fixkick - 06-14-2014, 08:08 AM
RE: ISC solenoid repair? - by Nike - 06-14-2014, 09:04 AM
RE: ISC solenoid repair? - by Nike - 06-14-2014, 10:30 AM
RE: ISC solenoid repair? - by fixkick - 06-15-2014, 01:29 AM