Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1990 Geo Tracker Water Pump Project
Hey guys,

For the last few months (winter into spring) I've noticed a small coolant leak under my Tracker. Actually, I had a few around the hoses that I've managed to stop by tightening the hose clamps -- yes they were switched to worm gear style by a past mechanic...grrr!

Anyway, I've continued to have a small amount of coolant collect around the front of the engine along the oil pan gasket. Now, It has actually started to drip onto the axle pumpkin and seems worse right after driving.

After going all over the engine checking hoses and connections, it seems to be originating from the water pump bottom weep hole area. The water pump cast fin seems wet although I haven't actually spotted a drip coming from the hole. I'm planning to confirm this by heating up the engine and watching this area for leaks now that I've spotted a possible source.

My question is or what I need help with is parts and numbers for the this job. It's for a 1990 Geo Tracker LSI 4X4 8v

I've had good-luck buying from http://monsterfactoryparts.com but I know there are parts (like the water pump o-ring) not shown that I would need as well. I'm also replacing all of the hoses and the timing belt and tensioner. If you have a service sheet or a cross-ref (sidekick JX) with part numbers for this particular job, that would be awesome.

Thanks so much for your time.

Messages In This Thread
1990 Geo Tracker Water Pump Project - by Trk90 - 05-22-2014, 01:30 AM