Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine slight "shiver" at idle- normal?
The timing belt is brand new. (Just to mention that the spring for the tensioner was missing when I did the timing job. I did my best to make sure that everything is aligned and tightened properly to the marks)

As for the fuel treat I did the little Lucas bottles twice in a row. Smile

I don't have a scan tool but no engine light now. Though I had 2 when I got it. 440 and 400. 440 gone after the EGR cleaning and 400 was more of a challange but changed several gas caps and it is gone too (thanks God) after several mechanics start broking my car and try to charge me I said Thanks but no.

About fuel economy I get 300-330 miles per tank and I probably still have half gallon left Smile, 50/50 traffic/ highway.
I was thinking that is good. Will think about O2 sensor along the way.

I have no clue what is LTFT and how to check it.

One extra thing to mention not sure if related but the butterfly in the throttle body got pretty dirty after just a month or so after I cleaned it, I thought that is odd. The sparks tips looked normal though just a bit gray but dry.

Also when checking the timing with light I noticed that it is steady at 5"and then I thought I saw it at 0 . At first I thought it is a mirage but kept the the gun longer and it happen 2 or 3 more times over the 3-4 minutes I performed the test. That was odd too.

Anyhow will change the cap and rotor next as it is on the way but very appreciative for all the suggestions. Sometimes it feels there is no end of it.
On the positive note I have a blast with this car with all the problems it has.

Thanks
=============================
Chevrolet Tracker 1998, 5sp 4Dr 4x2
Suzuki Esteem 2002, Auto.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Engine slight "shiver" at idle- normal? - by Vitalie - 03-24-2014, 05:47 AM