Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no injection ...ECU? 92 tracker 8v TBI
Hi great stuff here, so much detail. you are obviously mad scientist smart. I've read many of your pages many times.

1992 Tracker 1.6 8v TBI 4x4 just died while driving. no start.

short story it runs on test fuel, TPS 1.1 v, B1 yellow connector ecu 11.65 v key on or 7.5 v cranking, battery reads 12.75v
is it ecu? I have tried 3

Long story.... many tests
fuses dmm tested.
compression ok(50psi) for cold engine sat for weeks in -10 c.
Timing is good checked cam to dist. to crank on #4.watched timing belt its ok.
all 4 spark plugs gapped. spark test ok.
No fuel spray in Throttle.
injector wires disconnect at ecu 1.8 ohms. injector disconnect at TPS connector 1.6- 1.8 ohms.(to high?)
Noid test fail no light.
TPS a-d 5110 ohms b-d 1200 ohms, @ no throttle 1.1v full 4v +.
Tach does not seem to move. tach wire at ecu B1 brown wire 11.65v key on 7.5 v cranking.
remote start installed by me 4 yrs ago all plugs disconnected no joy
runs on test fuel.
ecu flashes code 12.

ECU story complicated.
Mine dies flashes code 12. I replace 2 caps No joy flashes code 12. I find another ecu for sale though he is not sure it works. It has had all 3 caps and 3 transistors changed.mica backed transistors by the way. Tried it, no joy flashed 12. It did register a 42 code when the battery got to low. The code went back to 12 after charging battery.change last cap in original ecu no joy. Found virgin ECU at wreckers Looks fine on inside no joy flashes 12 and also registered and cleared 42 same as other ecu. all caps and transistors on all 3 show no burn marks or suspect markings.

So the main questions I have are: 3 ecu are all bad? the tach needs more attention on your pages. I see some one else has recently asked and you have not answered their question. How do you test the tach? is it the tach guage in the car must run or only that the ECU get a signal (B1?)? The readings seem wrong to me. should a tach signal not be a pulse? Why with key on is it 12 v if not turning? Is the 7.5 v cranking really the pulse and my DMM slow? pages say it should be 12 v is this the problem?what sensor (and where is it) that will throw a code to a 8v TBI ecu? and of course what else could be wrong? thanks for your time and all the effort into the pages.

Messages In This Thread
no injection ...ECU? 92 tracker 8v TBI - by armchairlonghair - 03-16-2014, 10:43 PM