Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No injector pulse.... Is dead tachometer causing this?
non runner, yes, I do that all the time, I like to fix, the dead and dog, cars.... cheap cars.
my guess, NO SPARK?, no spark is good.
The 8 steps are mostly 89 to 95 , but could also be , for 1996 and newer. (if you change the code numbers from obd1 to 2. its easy)
the 92 to 95 16v are all the same , with not considering smog tweaks ,EGR modes. all are obd2 all fail for bad caps,. 1 time.
and thanks so much for feed back, on my 8 steps, (these are all just for catastrophic common fails, not all fails for sure)
your mech, is wrong, he meant 1996 and up, suzuki did not use OBD2 until 1996, this is a fact. (we can show him the 1995 FSM if it dont believe it, and watch it flash out codes , with the CEL)
test 3 in your case , passing means CMP is ok. and if RPM with the Scan tool goes high then you have bad ignitor or coil.
but your spark is good, so there will be no codes for spark, so test 3 is not even in question.

test 6 is to see if the ECU has not lost it brains, noodle. they can go to backup mode and do that. for sure.
sorry so slow, my waring email failed.
they will not throw a DTC for open ECT wires, the ECU is OFF LINE.
this can be tested on any car, 1988 to now, all cars throw ECT open if in fact it open, (disconnected)
The fsm covers this clearly under catastrophic monitors. all cars have that. its monitors for open sensors all the time, on or running.
you are 100% correct and you mach, needs OBD1/2 refresh course. sorry but he does.
hard pressed to set codes, that is a true statement, if one is comparing 0bd1 to obd2, but why would he, it not OBD2 at all .
hard pressed is true, my new obd2 car will dump 1000s of DTCs. (even Throttle body ICING) and radio no talking on the Can-bus..... the comparison is point less.
so does your ECU flash code 12s on demand,
if not , its dead.
if yes, it must flash bad ECT if you unplug it , if not its a dead ecu or in backup mode, same, thing really, of ECU has 12v power.
i promise you, your 1995 ECU will flash code 12s. (if no failures with sensors)
i also promise that the ECT unplugged test will flash. code 14, open ECT , too high voltage. (illegal cold temperatures. , out of range error is what this is)
insert the paper clip. and it must flash something. at the CEL.. it must. (lamp good)
yes, code 41 fill set (flash) if the suppressor cube is missing. i promise...... im must revise my page, for this case.....

sorry im so slow.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: No injector pulse.... Is dead tachometer causing this? - by fixkick - 03-03-2014, 12:44 AM