Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New trouble code P0001
runs well, closed loop is active.
still have not checked fuel pressure
do have occasional code p0301

thinking i have a faulty injector, dirty is my guess. I will swap it out and see what happens.

Starting to get it, LTFT is just the average correction of injector pulse width over a set length of time. STFT is moment by moment correction. used to achieve Stoich.

So if my LTFT is way high or way low it indicates a significant correction for lean or rich conditions which would indicate some type of mechanical problem, vacuum leak, too high fuel pressure or a worn engine/ valves etc.

If within certain limits, I read + or - 10% that is OK. STFT will always correct for the moment when in closed loop.

The O2 sensoor I removed was quite a bit different than the Bosch unit i used to replace it, the old one was a tube with many holes the new one has just 2 slits. perhaps the old one was original.

And one final question,
16v 4/AT replacing rear crank seal, easier to pull motor or drop tranny?

(12-11-2013, 04:19 AM)fixkick Wrote: the design limit on cars is -40C so ,..... you are near that,
just takes really good fuel. very cold rated fuel , rated for Klondike.
at this temp, only parts of the fuel burn, the very volatile parts. leaving the rest to foul spark tips. (but gets way better soon as engine runs..., hot cylinders.
good thing your garage is warm. grin !

hell, dont good whiskey free at -40F?

we do get special gas here, once a year by ship. Cheapest price in the country too! $1.04 a liter everyday all year.

VW made a nice cold weather test track here a few years ago but moved out when someone leaked photos of the latest models, so we have a nice 1 mile gravel oval, dont drive it though as it is built above grade, sliding off that thing would be a real mess. They must have used pro drivers.

One year we had bad gas, trucks no start, snowmobiles quitting out on he frozen ocean.
So it was a couple weeks of steady c130 and L188 loads of gas from 1500kms away!

Never did freeze my whiskey, never tried though.

The x90 did freeze last winter, -45c ( not wind chill) and a real good blow on . The car was parked in an area not shielded from the wind. I had to drag the car home tarp it and 24 hrs with a buddy heater and it was OK

Messages In This Thread
New trouble code P0001 - by High Arctic Si - 12-10-2013, 06:26 PM
RE: New trouble code P0001 - by fixkick - 12-11-2013, 12:07 AM
RE: New trouble code P0001 - by fixkick - 12-11-2013, 04:19 AM
RE: New trouble code P0001 - by High Arctic Si - 12-11-2013, 10:07 AM
RE: New trouble code P0001 - by fixkick - 12-11-2013, 01:28 PM
RE: New trouble code P0001 - by High Arctic Si - 12-11-2013, 06:39 PM