Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Low RPM / Stuttering - Inconsistent
i ran the 195f in mine,  180f is stock. rockauto and all stores sell it. (warning some makers of silly thermostats make you buy the rubber right one, as  separate boxed part !!!!!!!
Stant brand is my fav. but there are lots of others just as good.
Low RPM cold how low, below 800?  THAT IS NOT THE egr THE egr iS 100% off line cold,  ECU rules.
make sure the front crank shaft 17mm pulley bolt is at 94Ft/lbs torque or the crank snout key shears. and worse. this is the day 1 check of all G16, hand on wrench checked, (clock wise is tight, here) RHT

Ok now we have better facts far better. (evidence all , helps,) good and bad, all helps.

45f is not cold, its actually warm, for engines. -25f cold. or 0f.

PRIME EVIDENCE #1 here.!
the heater is telling you the thermostat is no good.  (when you turn on the fan , in worse case, (not recirc mode) cold 45f air hits the core. (heater)
and cools the water the thermostate 100 % sure, corrects that effect, in short seconds. (near instant) if not the themostat is bad.
the 1996 all have the rubber ring thermostat, every one does.  and 4mm lip edge in the intake matching that newer manifold.
that must be there or the thermostat floats and goes nuts, (no paper gaskets allowed, see?)

see my frigid kick page. the TSB is there and covers all that back to 1992, forward, by VIN.
96 all have the 4mm stat.
the rubber is like 5mm compressed to 4mm and seals.
there you go you bought the wrong thermostat,

he is mine, done right
[Image: 96-stat-mine1w.jpg]
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
Low RPM / Stuttering - Inconsistent - by sina27 - 01-10-2020, 05:31 AM
RE: Low RPM / Stuttering - Inconsistent - by fixkick - 01-18-2020, 06:00 AM