Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2.3 DOHC motor - correct operating temp
(10-02-2019, 02:05 AM)fixkick Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 08:30 PM)thebanjoman Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 08:14 AM)thebanjoman Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 07:48 AM)fixkick Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 07:06 AM)thebanjoman Wrote:  Life got in the way with family members  in the hospital and such, Finally got back to the project.

3 Row radiator and Stant thermostat installed.  Pulled new data and temps look much better,  

Still need to do some more testing but I might have the temps under control.

wow that looks way better, it is not wild like before just small 20f variants under some loads.
not too bad.  lots of work but in the end you get a great car and good engine
cheers to you !

It was only a 15 minute trip around the neighborhood and I will need some more drive time and collect more data but I'm holding out hope that this going to solve the problem.

Several days of driving, no issues  Temps would climb at a long stop light to 221 but drop immediately back to 206 once I start driving again.  

I think my problem is solved.   Onto the next issue.

Thank you for helping me sort out this frustrating problem.  I learned a lot along the way.

I now get to figure out a P1875 code that pops up from time to time,  Time to get under and start inspecting wires and connections to start with.

great
  p1874 P1 means factory only code suz

a bad 4wd switch or connector to it rusty

This ones going to be a bit of a challenge.  Only happens after sitting overnight and within the 1st mile after leaving the house.   I clear the code when I get to the office and she's good for the day.  I leave the office grounds for lunch and driving home after work and it doesn't trip.  

So far this has happened the last 2 mornings, It seems a repeatable event but again, I have to get more details.

Won't be able to get under and check the connectors and wires until the weekend.   

What would my life be these days if I wasn't chasing down Suzuki problems..

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2.3 DOHC motor - correct operating temp - by thebanjoman - 10-02-2019, 09:39 AM