Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Truck randomly doesn't want to start, will later.
1989 Suzuki Sidekick 1.6/5-speed

This is driving me insane. Truck cranks and runs normally. I drive it, all works as expected. If I turn it off, sometimes it starts again, sometimes it doesn't.

Yesterday I drove it. Came home turned it off. Immediately started it again and it started normally. Turned it off, immediately tried to start again and nothing. It turns over, but never starts.

Luckily it finally did it in my driveway so I could troubleshoot the thing. Injector is pulsing gas, I have fire to the plug wires. Pulled the plugs and they look normal. Just spins with the starter doesn't even pretend to try. I messed around with it not starting checking different things until it was cool, still not starting. It isn't flooding, tried cranking with the throttle wide open. Nothing. I went inside, came out 2-3 hours later. Truck started normally again.

It has fuel and fire. What am I missing with this thing that it randomly starts or doesn't?

Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
Truck randomly doesn't want to start, will later. - by toolman21 - 03-26-2019, 05:05 AM