Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idle Oil Pressure
Eugène Bourdon patented his gauge in France in 1849, and it was widely adopted because of its superior sensitivity, linearity, and accuracy;
no electric guage sender will ever come near the accuracy if the , above gauge. ever. (that you can afford)
the reason we use this Bourdon guage, is its very accurate and low cost, and every shop has one for this reason, why not you?
a 0 to60 PSI guage would be the most accurate .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pressure_m...nt#Bourdon

the electric sender gauge, the sender has cheap carbon POT inside, that has very crude design. and is not accurate for sure in the lower pressures.
An electric gauge has its purpose, you drive every day and sure readings are wrong, every day but one day you see a change, this is what cheap gauges do best. see a NEW CHANGE.
it is never used for shop diagnosis any electric gauge, for sure consumer grade cheap junk.
you can see a the autometer web site it is just consumer toys..
no real spec,
no linearity spec.
no accuracy from max to 0, just %2 of full scale +/-
if you learn to test things like this you learn like me it is way off at 10psi. even by +-50% so 10 can be 15, or even 5.
by doing tests we learn to avoid cheap tools and use real shop tools from Proto or snap-on or any top grade tool.

In shop testing and engine a wise tech, would never trust 1 tool.
He or she will then test the suspected tool using methods stated above (I use shop air tests)
or go the tool bin get the real Bourdon gauge, that gee worked prefect just last week and see if it sees low oil pressure too.
A was tech is a very suspiciou tech, he always challenges him self and his tools , Am I testing wrong ( you are) and is my tool junk (it is) bingo? sorry but that what we do (the science and practices of testing)
what I see at Autometer, are fibs by omission, a skilled tech sees the spec missing key facts. (for sure the sender spec. is toy grade for sure)
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
Idle Oil Pressure - by TomPrestin - 03-22-2019, 05:02 PM
RE: Idle Oil Pressure - by fixkick - 03-23-2019, 11:52 PM
RE: Idle Oil Pressure - by TomPrestin - 03-25-2019, 04:22 PM
RE: Idle Oil Pressure - by TomPrestin - 03-26-2019, 02:58 AM
RE: Idle Oil Pressure - by fixkick - 03-26-2019, 10:42 PM
RE: Idle Oil Pressure - by fixkick - 03-26-2019, 11:03 PM
RE: Idle Oil Pressure - by fixkick - 03-26-2019, 11:30 PM