Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
94 8v Tracker Timing and Cylender Firing issue
Hello I am having a really strange issue and need some help. I have a 8v 94 Geo Tracker. The cam locked up due to head gasket. My mechanic got a rebuilt head, new gaskets and put everything back together. He has been troubleshooting an issue the past 3 days and he is stumped!! He can get the car to start but it's only running on cylinder 1 and 4. He turns the cam 180 degrees sets the dizzy to 11 o'clock like we read online . It starts fine but now running on cylinder 2 and 3. No matter what he does or trys can only get it to run on 2 cylinders. He has tested and doubled checked everything and everything is mechanically sound. He puts a timing light to it and its showing that its timed but only running on the 2 cylinders. He said he seen a long Forum online with someone having the same issue. After many pages of post and suggesting everything the guy posted back and said you will not believe what the issue was. He said it was such an easy fix but then said he would not share what it was because the site would not pay him for his information. I hope someone has ran into the issue.
Things we tried
The cam and crank are at that position but dist at 11 and timed at number 4 on the distributor

If I turn cam 6 crank so always 12 it runs on 2 and 3 and no 1 and 4

Timed at 12/12 dizzy 4 it runs on 1 and 4 no 2 and 3

Crack key is good also

Spark Color Blueish purple on all cylinders

cap is good spark is on all wires it's just its only running on 1 and 4 cylinder and if you turn the cam 180 it will run on 2 and 3

I thought of a spark issue,however that wouldn't change cylinders either also the length that spark jumps is am inch or more so it isnt a spark issue from my experience. I haven't referenced kilovolts but dont think its necessary with that length of spark

Dont think its an ECU issue.

Messages In This Thread
94 8v Tracker Timing and Cylender Firing issue - by chefcrazzy02 - 03-15-2019, 10:23 PM