Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suzuki Swift 1.5 GLX Mechanical Help
Hi,

I recently purchased a Suzuki Swift 1.5 GLX and have been having a few issues with it, luckily I have a snap-on diagnostic tool to hand though so hopefully will be able to provide you guys with a bit more information to help me diagnose my issue...

Whilst driving it home it would cut out randomly.. lights would appear on the dash, however when turning the ignition on and off again it would work. Leading on from this I also noticed the speedometer wouldn't reach above 40mph.

After scanning initially as I had the engine management light illuminated, the only code on was P0012 - Intake (A) camshaft position timing over-retarded. I checked the timing chain which seemed fine and wasnt slack, however I realised there was no oil in when I bought it, so filled that up... realised there was a leak from the camshaft seal, changed that and seemingly that issue is fixed..

However after taking it back out for a test drive, I'm still experiencing the engine cutting out, although the speedometer managed to reach 48mph! After scanning again a number of 'historic codes' appeared.. So I was wondering if anyone had any advice or could suggest where to go next...

B1017 - Power Source Voltage too Low
B1074 - Driver Forward Sensor Circuit Short to Power or Open

C1021 - Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit
C1026 - Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit
C1057 - ABS (ESP) Control Module Power Supply Circuit Failure

The 5 above codes are historic codes and not live, althought I'm going to take it for a test drive again tomorrow to see if anymore do flag up... Looking at the codes though do you think it'll more than likely relate to one thing? As for example it seems unlikely that both the Right and Left speed sensor would go at the same time..

Any thoughts?

Thanks - Jack

Messages In This Thread
Suzuki Swift 1.5 GLX Mechanical Help - by Jono - 03-13-2019, 09:50 AM