Login Register

Poll: Sand down sensor or drop oil pan?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Sand sensor base to accommodate gasket
0%
0 0%
Drop oil pan and redo with only gasket sealer
100.00%
1 100.00%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modifying CKP sensor to work with oil pan gasket [96+]
So it looks like the previous owners oil pan gasket probably wasn’t supposed to be here. The engine in my 96 Tracker was supposedly swapped with another engine from another tracker. There was an oil pan gasket on it when I got it, and I did a pan clean and put a gasket back on with it as was previously.

After 250-300 miles I fooled around with cleaning the battery terminals and trying to fix the cable that goes to the starter solenoid (car refuses to start occasionally and I have to jiggle the cable).

Well after reconnecting the battery and finally getting the starter to turn, I was left with a check engine light for the crankshaft position bank a or something like that.

I do not wish to drop the oil pan and attempt to get it to seal with just gasket sealer.

1. How long does the check engine light usually tend to take to come on for incorrect oil pan gasket usage? Want to make sure it’s not a fluke.

2. Thoughts on sanding down the base of the sensor to match the thickness of the gasket?

Messages In This Thread
Modifying CKP sensor to work with oil pan gasket [96+] - by Samistine - 02-26-2019, 01:20 AM