Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
‘96 x90 Gauge cluster removal?
Thank you thank you! secondary question... I've also eliminated the ignition switch, and rewired all of the indicator (idiot) lights to new LED indicator units, resulting in a bit of a curiosity: they only work backwards. Ex- when the running lights are on, the high beam indicator is on, but when I turn on the high beams it goes out completely. same with 4x4 indicator. in 2wd light is illuminated, in 4x4 it goes out. Cant get the check engine light or Ebrake light to come on at all. I have a feeling this has something to do with the ignition switch removal. most of the pins on the ignition switch are clearly labeled and easily traceable, but there are 2 pins that don't seem to show up anywhere, one labeled "E" the other "L". I traced one to a ground distro so clearly its a ground- but what on earth would it be grounding? the other goes to a Violet/Red line which as indicated on the schematic connects to the EBrake indicator, only on "start", (not on run).

My question is: Is the starter switch supplying power to that Violet/Red line on start? or is there some kind of passing of ground via the starter switch which has reversed the signal chain to the indicators? I know I have the colors of which line goes where correct (double checked over and over) but have no clue why they aren't working at all, or backwards...

Messages In This Thread
‘96 x90 Gauge cluster removal? - by TomPrestin - 02-19-2019, 06:10 PM
RE: ‘96 x90 Gauge cluster removal? - by fixkick - 02-19-2019, 09:48 PM
RE: ‘96 x90 Gauge cluster removal? - by TomPrestin - 03-22-2019, 04:45 PM
RE: ‘96 x90 Gauge cluster removal? - by fixkick - 03-23-2019, 12:12 AM
RE: ‘96 x90 Gauge cluster removal? - by fixkick - 03-23-2019, 12:29 AM
RE: ‘96 x90 Gauge cluster removal? - by fixkick - 03-23-2019, 12:36 AM